Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Zorba's Cafe

Zorba's is a neighborhood favorite of Dupont Circle and after eating there, it's easy to see why. It's a regular on both local "best cheap eats" and "best eats" in general.

After my embassy visit, my mom - It's been a favorite of hers for about a decade. - and I met Adrian and Monica there. I got my usual appetizer of babaganouz. (I say usual because I order it almost anywhere it's available, spelling relative to the place.) It was good, easy to taste both the eggplant and the garlic with neither overpowering. For my entree I tried the Chicken Reganato which was cooked to perfection, done but still moist and tender. It came with a salad, bread, and their surprisingly tasty rice which is steamed in chicken broth. And a nice glass of wine.
1612 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
202.387.8555
http://www.zorbascafe.com

No comments: